Oceanworks Marketplace is a membership group committed to accelerating the removal of the plastic now pouring into the Earth’s oceans. The Marketplace includes collectors, processors, manufacturers, brands and other stakeholders who all pledge to adhere to sourcing standards and use the OCEANSMADE™ seal to showcase product authenticity.
- ACCESS TO VERIFIED OCEAN PLASTIC
- MATERIAL SOURCED GLOBALLY
- LICENSE TO USE OCEANSMADE™ MARK
- MARKETING AND COMMUNICATION SUPPORT
- FULL CHAIN OF CUSTODY TRACKING
Our members are making a big impact through the collection of millions of pounds of ocean plastic annually. Oceanworks verifies the origin of all the ocean plastic entering the marketplace, confirming its provenance as well as its material composition. We work with qualified partners to document what materials are being harvested and how they were collected. We then monitor a complete chain of custody through to final product to ensure ocean plastic materials have properly made it into your end product.
MATERIAL(S) BEST CATEGORIZED AS:
- OCEAN PLASTIC RECOVERED (OCEAN BOUND) DUE TO LACK OF PROPER WASTE MANAGEMENT SERVICES
- FOUND IN WATERWAYS, BEACHES, RIVERS AND CANALS CONNECTED TO THE OCEAN
- IN COASTAL WATERS WASHED OR DISCARDED ON SHORE OR NEAR SHORE
- LOCATED OFFSHORE AND HIGH SEAS
HOW WE WORK
Oceanworks is committed to working closely with our members to find the right supply chain partners to help you tell your ocean plastic story – maybe you want plastic from a specific source, or need a certain color, or material type. Our team is committed to understanding your needs and working to bring partners into the marketplace that align with your requirements.